This year, 41 countries participated in the 64th Eurovision Song Contest but how many will be taking part? Will there be any surprise debuts? We will be updating this list whenever a new discovery is made.
So far, 22 countries have expressed that they are either competing or hosting their national selection next year. Let’s have a look at those countries and the countries who have stated they will not be participating next year.
Who has already confirmed? (In no particular order)
- San Marino
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
Who has explicitly announced they won’t be participating?
- Andorra – Confirmed Non-Participation – March 2019
- Bosnia & Herzigovina – Very Unlikely
- Luxembourg – Very Unlikely
- Turkey – Extremely Unlikely
Who could join in 2020?
- Kazakhstan – Associate EBU Member – Has Previously Participated in Eurovision Events (Junior Eurovision 2018)
- Catalonia – EBU is evaluating the broadcaster’s membership request.
- Kosovo – EBU set to vote on their membership in June 2019 but countries could withdraw due to their participation.
Information Correct as of 02/06/2019 at 17:50
Article Sources: ESCXtra, Wikipedia, ESCunited, ESCtoday.